About this course
On this computer science course you’ll learn how to design, build and deliver software programs and systems. You’ll find out about the latest advances in areas such as machine learning, cyber security and computer vision, preparing you for success in a fast-moving industry. You’ll cover the main areas of computer science, then study advanced topics that suit your career plans.
We offer superb facilities and a wide choice of modules taught by expert researchers.
On this accredited 4-year degree course, you’ll study topics such as:
You’ll study in computer science labs that include teaching labs with the latest equipment and high-quality displays, as well as dedicated labs for project work. For modules with an electronics component, you’ll have access to our superb electronics teaching labs.
You can take this course with an additional year-long, paid placement. Apply with UCAS code 10II for the Industrial Studies option.
If you’d prefer a more general approach, or you’d like to focus on a different specialism, you can choose from our other pathways.
- Computer Science
- Specialise in a key area of computer science on this integrated Masters degree. Build software programs and study topics like algorithmics or software design.
- Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence
- Study computer science with focus on the principles and practice of artificial intelligence. You'll design programs and systems in this exciting degree.
- Computer Science with Cyber Security
- Explore computer science and focus on the principles and practice of cyber security. You'll be well prepared for a career in the electronics industry.
This course is based at Highfield, Southampton.
This qualification is awarded by the University of Southampton.
Download the programme specification
The programme specification sets out the learning outcomes of this course and details how the course is taught and assessed.