The module will provide an introduction to the field of Industrial Organisation at a graduate level.
Aims and Objectives
Having successfully completed this module you will be able to:
- Be able to apply these models to new situations
- Developed competence in handling analytical models
1. A review of basic game theory
2. Introduction to Competition Policy
3. Classic static oligopoly models
4. Dynamic price competition and tacit collusion
5. Competition with product differentiation
6. Entry, accommodation and exit
7. Horizontal and Vertical Mergers
Learning and Teaching
Teaching and learning methods
Lectures and Tutorials
|Total study time||100|
Resources & Reading list
Other course information available via blackboard.
Industrial Organisation: A Strategic Approach. McGraw Hill.
The Theory of Industrial Organization. MIT press.
A Primer in Game Theory. FT Prentice Hall.
Sunk Costs and Market Structure. MIT press.
Game Theory. MIT Press.
Long take-home assignment (70%)
Online tests (5%x6)
This is how we’ll formally assess what you have learned in this module.
This is how we’ll assess you if you don’t meet the criteria to pass this module.
An internal repeat is where you take all of your modules again, including any you passed. An external repeat is where you only re-take the modules you failed.
Repeat type: Internal & External