This module involves an in-depth study of a particular area in the History, Culture or Linguistics of Spain, Portugal or Latin America drawing from the resources available for the following final year modules which are delivered in Southampton.
- PORT 3001- Cultural Identity in the Portuguese-Speaking World
- SPAN 3011 - Exiles Migrants and Citizens
- SPAN 3013 - Transatlantic Crossings: Linguistic Variation in the Iberian Peninsula and Latin America
- SPAN 3004 - Barrios and Borders
- SPAN 3007 - Cultural Hybridity in Latin America: the Global and the Local
- SPAN 3014- Postcolonial perspectives on contemporary Spanish culture
- SPAN 3001- Historical memory in Modern Latin America
- SPAN 3012 - Sex, Soap Operas and Female Dissidents
Subject areas are chosen in collaboration with the module coordinators of the relevant SPAN PORT modules and the MLang Coordinator. The focus of the study is negotiated between the student and the SPAN/PORT module coordinator and recorded on the student’s module selection form by the end of week 3. This module provides students on MLang SPLAS programmes with a highly supervised “bite” of research on a topic of their choosing within the scope of the available SPAN/PORT modules and with access to the full of resources which are available to students studying those modules face to face.