This module aims to provide an overview of the range of qualitative and quantitative research methods that are available in business and management science. The object is to:
- provide students with the knowledge of the different research methodologies and philosophical approaches that are available to carry out research in business and management science;
- provide students with the knowledge of the research process in business and management science;
- enable students to define coherent research questions supported by strong theoretical arguments to address specific research gaps in the theoretical debate that informs their own chosen research topic;
- enable students to recognise the problems and limitations associated with certain research methods, instruments for data collection and techniques for data analysis;
- enable students to make informed decisions on the most appropriate methodological choices to carry out their own research;
- prepare students to carry out their own research in business and management science; and
- enable students to review and update their initial research proposal accordingly.