This module will build on your knowledge and skills from the Research Methods module, allowing you to carry out and disseminate your project. This will be supported through a series of supervision seminars and directed and self-directed learning.
Aims and Objectives
Having successfully completed this module you will be able to:
- Interpret results, synthesising ideas to generate solutions and evaluate clinical relevance.
- Demonstrate an ability to present and disseminate information in a succinct, informative and sufficiently-detailed manner.
- Analyse and present data using appropriate methods.
- Critically evaluate the process of inquiry with respect to trustworthiness of the results by identifying strengths and limitations of the process.
- Collect data using methods which are justified with respect to the aims of the inquiry.
- Adhere to ethical and governance requirements when conducting an inquiry.
This module will build on your knowledge and skills from the Research Methods module, allowing you to carry out and disseminate your project. You are encouraged to review the previous taught content to support your final year project.
Learning and Teaching
Teaching and learning methods
This module comprises seminars and individual supervision sessions. The module activity is primarily self-directed.
|Total study time||187.5|
Resources & Reading list
Gray DE (2009). Doing Research in the Real World. Los Angeles: Sage Publications Limited.
Flick U (2011). Introducing Research Methodology; A Beginners Guide to Doing A Research Project. Los Angeles: Sage Publications Limited.
Polit DF and Beck (2014). Essentials of Nursing Research; Appraising Evidence for Nursing Practice. Philadelphia: Lipincott, Williams and Wilkins.
To pass this module you must achieve a weighted mean average of 40 % or more AND also you must pass the both components at 40% or more.
This is how we’ll give you feedback as you are learning. It is not a formal test or exam.Seminar Participation
This is how we’ll formally assess what you have learned in this module.
This is how we’ll assess you if you don’t meet the criteria to pass this module.
Repeat type: External